Delayed update

Thursday: Hung out on campus and went to the church on top of the pyramid. I have some amazing photos. That night I played 7 v 7 soccer in an arena with Munchi and some of his buddies. The average Mexican is pretty good at soccer, but I held my own despite wearing tennis shoes. That night they had a surprise going away party for me. Unfortunately, I arrived to my own party about 90 minutes late because of the soccer game. In my rush, I ordered the first drink on the menu called the Bambuko (which was also the name of the bar). I figured if a drink is the name of the bar it's a good bet. Hands down, this was the WORST drink I have ever had. It had tobasco sauce and a chili pepper stick in it. It was like a horrible version of a bloody mary. Like a champ though, I drank it down and went with Gilda to Rocka.

Friday: Last day. Slow morning due to the night before. Played some street basketball with some exchange students and Mexicans (played alright), and then went to the UDLA varsity basketball game. Following the basketball game I was faced with a dilemma. My flight was at 9:00 am from Mexico City. You have to arrive 2 hours early for international flights so I was looking at 7:00 am, but I was in Puebla not Mexico City so add another 2 hour bus ride and the most appropriate bus left at 4:30 am. I had to get to the bus terminal 30 minutes early and it was 30 minutes away. Basically I had to leave at 3:30 a.m. Not really even worth going to sleep right? Well that's what I thought too. The best course of action was to pack my stuff, and go to a party and sleep it off on the plane. I did just that. Half a bottle of Bacardi, many goodbyes, and a meadow later and I was drunkenly walking through Mexico City airport at 7:00 a.m. I have to admit it was one of my funnier experiences and I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it as I was doing it. My only food was the 9 granola bars I had purchased before the flight. I'm gonna be perfectly honest, it was a pretty tough morning. I got picked up from the airport and went straight to my brother's house for the UW game. He had a party and a keg and I thought why not. That was a lot of drinking in a couple of weeks. Way more than I am used to, but if you are in a foreign country on vacation and have no responsibilities, why wouldn't you? Anyway, legit trip and hopefully I get my Fulbright down there. I had my interview today and it went really well. Mak Tub.

This is the last post until I travel again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after