Fontainebleau et Paris

Sandra visited me last week so I just wanted to show some pictures from the trip. First, the Chateau de Fontainbleau where French rulers lived for hundreds of years including Napoleon. It is also the location where Napoleon abdicated before being exiled to Elba.
Here's a color photo someone snapped of Napoleon when he abdicated in 1814:

And here is me capturing the historical importance of the location:

The Chateau is absolutely absurd and looks more like a set for Game of Thrones or something that Disneyland created, but it's all real. Check out this bedroom:

Of course the castle sits on vast gardens. Unfortunately with the weather being around 20 degrees Fahrenheit we didn't explore too much.


We also managed to go to Paris for a day despite my busy class schedule. The weather was absurdly cold all week in the low 20's so we decided to spend most the day indoors at the Louvre. I had to walk around like this with two jackets, gloves, hat, and scarf and I was still very cold.

Inside Louvre:

 Outside Louvre:

I even got a nice close look at Mona Lisa. 

It was my first time to the Louvre and even though we were there for 4 hours, I have the impression that you could spend a lot more time there. The size of the museum and scale is impressive. I will happily go back when family visit. The Louvre at night is especially nice and the museum stays open at night on Wednesdays, so might be worth going at night time rather than day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after