some things

i am tired as hell and typing on a french keyboard so excuse the brevity of this post. this week end was la Copa Taylor or the Taylor Cup for our soccer team and it was a huge tournament hosted by San Andres that hosted teams from Chile, Uruguay, and Argetina. The tournament included soccer, rugby, rowing, swimming, basketball, chess, hockey, and tennis. In the soccer bracket their were ten teams so in the priliminary rounds we had 2 groups of 5. In our first game the other team forfeited, and we won the next three games 1-0, 2-0, and 3-0 respectively. This was all on Saturday and the games were just 40 minutes each. It is full fleged summer here so having a tournament with games longer than this would be death. Inbetween the second and third game the team went to McDonalds for lunch. wtf? I was opposed to it but they didn't understand what the big deal was. McDonalds has perfected their business of getting kids to go to McDonalds when they are young and still forming their diet habits so that they then convert into loyal McDonalds customers. On Saturday night we had an asado with the girls team and coach where we ate gratuitous amounts of meat and drank beer. It seemed weird for me that we would do this the night before the semifinals (game at 11 am). I left the asado at 2 am and got home at 3 only to wake up again at 8:30. We won the semifinal 1-0 on a penalty but we lost in the final 2-0 because the other team had a peter crouch aka a massively tall forward who was good with his head, and he put in the first goal, and a mistake by one of our defenders gave way to a breakaway. I feel like I could have built up this story more but the fact is, I did not. I have a nice medal though, for second place. And of 10 teams, second is better than 8 teams. Of all the losers, we were number one. We were the top loser. Now I'm tired, my body aches and I have bumps, bruises, and cuts from the game. I have a juicy rasperberry burn on my knee that is pussing everywhere and dripping down. It's nice. Anyway, good weekend. I spent nearly all of it on the soccer field playing or sitting in the shade waiting for our next game with the team. Got some good sun too. Ok, more to come. Chau. Still computerless by the way so no skype.

Comments

Unknown said…
nice seinfield reference. I had state this weekend, so when you get skype back... i will tell you about it.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after