Bloggin'

I have befallen a series of unexplainably unlucky events. Te explico:
1) My green Colombia rain jacket was ripped when I entered my room because somehow my door knob caught of hold of a loose piece of fabric on my coat and ripped it. Has that happened to anyone else? I didn't even know that could happen.
2) There was a piece of dried spaghetti on a wooden spoon, and like any normal person I tried to use my finger nail to scrape it off. Unfortunately, the spaghetti noodle broke off and stabbed underneath my the fingernail of the thumb and broke off. I pulled most of it out but the very end broke off and is still about 3/8 of an inch underneath my fingernail and I am unable to get it out. The story is weirder because the day before we had been talking about how the Viet Cong would shove bamboo underneath prisoner's fingernails as a means of torture. Well, dried spaghetti noodles work just as well if there is ever a scarcity of bamboo.
3) During the soccer game, I got blasted in the face with the soccer ball and got a bloody nose. Thus I had a black eye as well as a large cotton suave shoved up my nose during the soccer game. I'm just too intense. Look close to see suave, I know the picture is small.
Well that's really it for unexplainable unlucky events. We had a soccer game Saturday and we smashed the other team 4-2. That doesn't sound like a smashing but it really was. It was 3-0 at half time and then we got lazy. We put in the second string goalie and he let in a really easy goal and then they got a PK too. And we missed a PK. Upcoming soccer events to look forward to: Tuesday, the team of foreigners continues. Wednesday, a game with the school team. Friday, practice.
I went to bed at 7 a.m. today and it just fucks up your circadian rhythms.
I got my election ballot yesterday.
Both my roommates have been gone since Thursday and they get back tomorrow.
I've been going to lectures each week about the United States Presidential elections and I have noticed two things:
1) All of them are making the financial crisis seem like the beginning of a new era in international relations and business. Also that it marks the beginning of the decline of the monopoly of power that the United States has had since the 80's.
2) Futhermore, they argue that if Barack Obama is not elected, the US's power will decline much more than if he were and the process of moving towards a "balance of power" will be accelerated.
For Mother's Day, Axel and I bought flowers for Alix and made her this drawing. We were kind of in the dog house because it was the Sunday after the Friday when we got really drunk and she had to take care of us and clean up.
What else... oh. One of the girls who is studying abroad grew up in Haywards Heath. The same town as the Blockers (our cousins if you don't know). The town only has about 50,000 people so I thought that was pretty unusual. Ok, I don't have too much to say so I'll end here I guess. I finally found some tobasco sauce so I can eat spicy food again. Ok that remind me. I went to a Mexican Take-out restaurant called Mole. I figured it'd be a good shot at finding spicy food. This is pre-tobasco sauce find mind you. So I go and the menu has a 0-3 pepper spicyness scale. 2 peppers says picante (hot) and 3 peppers says muy picante (very hot). i decided to go with the muy picante. I get my food and i'm a little nervous because Mexicans have a very high tolerance for spicyness. I take my first bite and... nothing? It wasn't just nothing, it was NOTHING. I'm not trying to be tough right now, I could actually not detect any spice. It wasn't that it wasn't that spicy, or that it was just a little spicy, I could not detect any spicyness whatsoever. Unbelievable. Fucking thiefs too because it cost me 18 pesos and the proportions were tiny. I ordered three burritos thinking that would suffice, but the burritos were the size of tea bags for lack of a better description. I could have eaten at least 8 or 9 of them. I award this restaurant no stars and may god have mercy on their souls.

Comments

MZ said…
Sorry about the bad luck, but at least this means your luck reservoir is recharging.

I was a tad confused about the nosebleed until I saw the picture, and I think you mean "cotton swab," unless "suave" means something I'm not aware of.

As for the 18 pesos, come on man, cheer up and look at the bright side. That's how much it costs me in toilet paper every time I wipe my ass.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after