Overdue

Haven't written anything in a while so I am. The San Andrés soccer team is in a rut. We lost yesterday again making our record 0-3-1, which puts us on equal ground (almost) with UW's Football team. The problem is that our team in physically very small. Everyone is technically good, but when it comes to being big and fast, on the whole, we can't compete. My next game in the intra-mural league with the team of foriengers is Tuesday. We continue in the group of death and unfortunately our next game is against the other really good team in the group. We just got a brutal draw and I wonder if it was completely random that the team of foreigners ended up in the group of death with our first two matches against last years champions, and the champions from two years ago. We'll see. The team of foriegners has the exact opposite problem of the San Andrés team, we are all big but some of the players lack the technical skill necessary to be a good footballer.
On Friday we went to a house party, but first we had a pre-funk of epic proportions. By we I mean, me, my two french roommates, an Argentine magician, and our Argentine friend Agustin. Side note: it seems that every Argentininean guy is named Agustin, Esteban, Juan P (for Juan Pierre), Ramiro, or Pancho. Alix cooked an amazing french dinner which was complemented by 5 bottles of sparkling white wine. I would say Champagne but my french roommates have made it very clear to me that ONLY sparkling white wine that comes from the province of Champagne can be called Champagne. So 5 bottles of sparkling white wine. I'm not sure if my french roommate Axel drank more than the rest of us, or if he has an unusally low tolerance, but he was tanked. It's funny too, because in my frat when people get super drunk they usually get aggressive, but Axel is just the opposite. He turned into Pepé le Pew. When we got to the party he instantly began dancing with every girl he could find. I don't mean American dancing (bumping and grinding), I mean dancing dancing with twirls that actually requires skills. Considering the fact he didn't remember most of the details of the night the next morning, he was dancing quite well. I would wager that of the 20 girls at the party, he danced with 60% of them. That's the French for ya. Anyway, we went home at around 4:30 when the rest of the people decided they were going to go to a boliche. I honestly don't know how they do it. At 4:30 I am looking for a quiet dry spot to pass out for the night, and they are looking to go to a dance club to begin the night.
UW fucked up my forms and I got an e-mail telling me that technically I am not a UW student unless I quickly fill out a collection of forms. So I did but it was a huge hassel and I am very unhappy about it. I'm not going to do anything about it, but I want my discontent to be noted.
I start classes again tomorrow which could prove difficult because I will have to start waking up at 6:30 again. To put that in perspective, I woke up at 12:30 today. Next weekend I am in the process of CoachSurfing to Oktoberfest. I have contacted two Argentinians that are about my age and live in Córdoba with their families. With any luck I'll be able to stay with one of them for a few days and see what it's like to live with a family. Plus, I'll go to Oktoberfest. I know what your thinking, Oktoberfest in Argentina? Well it appears that after WWII a bunch of Neo-Nazis fled to Argentina and they took their culture with them. This will doubly work in my favor as I am their definition of the perfect race: blond hair and blue eyed. Anyway, hopefully I get this organized because I really want to try "Das boot."
I've been working on my french with my french roommates for the past couple weeks and I have learned two things:
1) It takes a LONG ass time to learn a language with any kind of proficiency
2) Learning from native speakers is detrimental for your self-esteem as you are constantly mocked about your pronunciation.
But, in spite of these two things I valiently and courageously continue. We'll see if I get anywhere though.
Alright, that seems to be about it. In a few weeks we are going to have another party and this time we'll introduce the Argentinineans to the concept of a "Power Hour." Should be good. Later.

Comments

Unknown said…
perfect race, blonde hair blue eyed?
oysterfest is today
MZ said…
Keep it up TSloane -- you might even end up on my level -- 2.5 languages (English, Mandarin, and a shitty proficiency in Spanish), lol.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after