Barassalona

<--- Me and french roommate Alix
We had our first inter-mural soccer game yesterday and we got murdered like baby seals. Our team is just foreign exchange students minus the goalie. Many factores worked together to prevent our winning:
1) We arrived to the field 3 minutes before and had no ball to warm up with
2) Two of our starting players couldn't come to play
3) A third starting player was 10 minutes late
4) It was the best team in our bracket
5) It was the first time we had ever played together
With these absences we began the game with two outside defenders who were horrible. The first goal they got was in the first 5 minutes when one of these outside defenders had it stripped from him and gave the other team a break away goal. It was already 2-0 when the starting player who was 10 minutes late turned up. We played better but by half-time it was 3-0. Individually all of our players are O.K., but together we are not good. Most the players were quite selfish and would try to take players on all the time instead of passing. Additionally, we had defenders trying to dribble out of the back and losing the ball. It was a nightmare. Honestly the other team was much better than us, but we got smashed much more than we should of. The final result was 6-0. The last two goals were insignificant because our spirit had already been snapped like a chicken bone. Yes a chicken bone. All the players on the other team play on the San Andrés team so I had to put up with their shit today at school and during practice. Even the coach was chiming in. I found this very frustrating because I hate losing. Additionally, I fear that the coach will lump all of us together because we are all foreigners even though I am better than the other players. Anway, there is a ray of light from this story. Afterwards we decided to drown our sorrows at the local bar and we drank 5 liter between 7 of us. Then as we walked to the train we passed a supermarket and decided that we better buy 4 more liters for the train ride. At the train station two police officers told us off because technically you can't drink in public places. So naturally we just waited until we were on the train to start drinking again. We were attracting quite a lot of looks but with a group of 7 people we could afford to not be subtle. Needless to say, a good time was had by all.
As I briefly noted before, we are having an Edward 40 Hands party this Friday in our apartment. In case you are unfamiliar with the concept it is this:
As you may recall, Johnny Depp stared in a movie in which a boy's hands were surgically replaced with scissors. Not sure why. Taking this concept and applying it to drinking, the game involves replacing people's hands with bottles of beer. Big ones. However, we don't use surgery, yet..., instead duct tape is used to securely attach the participant's hand to a 40 oz bottle of beer. Both hands, two beers. The game is simply that you will have bottles for hands until both bottles are finished. While this may not seem hard, one must keep in mind that when consuming alcohol, beer especially, one frecuents the toilet far more than usual. So essentially you've got to finish both bottles before you can go pee-pee, and with two 40's of malt beer, it can be difficult.
So our game is going to be a little different, first we've changed the name to "Eduardo Litro Manos" to make it more culturally applicable. And second, we will be using normal beer instead of malt beer so it will be much easier. The Argentinians and foreigners alike are all very intrigued as this is a uniquely American game. There is a lot of buzz. Hopefully our apartment survives the ordeal.
I had to do a group presentation in Marketing today and I had to speak for 4 or 5 minutes about Market segmentation in Spanish. It went pretty well though. I had to use a sheet to glance at to keep track of my thoughts but I wasn't reading.
Tomorrow will be 2 months in Argentina, holy shit. I'll post something tomorrow or the next day about how I feel after two months but I can't be asked right now. Also, I have the perfect idea for how I am going to win the Bonderman scholarship. It's confidential because this is a public forum and I don't want some idea scavenger to come scoop it off me, but e-mail me and I'll tell you about it. That's all for now, I'm off for a bit of sleep. Fuck my English sounds more British now, did anybody else notice that? Not sound sound, because obviously you can't hear me, but I mean the words I was using.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after