Message from Thursday

This message was from Thursday, I intended on adding more but I'm just going to start a new post.
"So I´ve finally tried mate and it really hits the spot. I was studying in the library with a few argentineans, and my intention was to read until I was tired enough to take a nap. Anyway, we started passing around a gourd of mate and I was on level orange alert. It keeps you perfectly concentrated and it tastes really good. Mate itself is a bunch of little bits of herbs smashed up. You all the herbs into a gourd until it is three fourths full and add very hot water from a thermus. Then you drink through a metal straw. The way we did it is one person drank a gourd´s worth (not that much because it´s mostly the yerba (herbs), and then pass and refill. It was really really good and I´m going to start buying it.

Our apartment is going to have a Edward 40 Hands night with the other intercambios and argentineans. We´re calling it Eduardo Litro Manos. It´s next Thursday so I´ll let you know how it goes.

There is an Inter San Andrés fútbol league and we´ve created a team of foreigners. We are all decently good, and we have an excellent name. Originally one of the guys named us ´The Melting Pot´ which is obviously a retarded name and we had to change it. I changed our name to ¨Barassalona¨ which you have to say out loud in order to get. Making fun of Barcelona obviously. I thought it was pretty clever but then our English player Alec suggested Inter Urmum which is more crude and is a play on Inter Milan. Anyway, now we are Inter Urmum so we´ll see how that goes. League play starts next week.

Is the only reason people have eye brows to keep water from falling in their eyes?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after