La Cucaracha

I felt I needed to update my blog because if I didn´t, no one would know where I went. This morning during breakfast I decided to go to Puerto Escondido on a whim. I was just done with Oaxaca city. Yes mom, there is flooding in the state but not where I am. I left in a 10 person van at 12:30 and wouldn´t arrive until 7:30 after weaving around narrow twisting mountain rounds that cut through the jungle of south Mexico. The road was frequently covered with mini-landslides and occasionally we would have to dodge cattle mossying in the road. Pretty fucking epic drive. At the end I thought our van was going to get struck by lightning because we were the highest point on the road and are metal.

But I made it. Now I am in an equally sketchy cabana in Puerto Escondido called Cabanas Edda. Suprisingly they have a website: http://cabanasedda.enweb.com.mx/. Let me just say first that I have never stayed in a place with a moquito net. And secondly, I realized that while I had thought I was staying in a single cabana, I was actually sharing the room with several other creatures including at least one cockroach. The price of $70 pesos for night makes it more clear why this is the case.

Puerto Escondido looks like a surfer town. I have already seen a bunch of shops selling surf boards, sandals, and weed perifenalia. I´m going to hang tight here and play some soccer until I get a new plan. I´ve been pretty good at just living day by day and not worrying about things further down the line. Not very typical for me. More to come soon.

Comments

mom said…
Glad you are safe and yes I want to know where you are. Thanks for the update. UW plays opening game today.
Go Huskies!
Love,
Mom
taylor said…
I´m in a much better place now that´s called Hotel Mayflower and there are a bunch of back packers instead of cucarachas.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after