El Caballero de La Noche

Batman was fucking awesome. It was perfect in every way. First it cost $5 to get in, next it had Spanish subtitles so I could practice, and thirdly it's just a good movie. In other news, it's official that nobody in Argentina can correctly pronounce my name. It has the sounds that Spanish lacks; the "aye" and the "errr" don't exist in Spanish. So what I end up getting is more of a "Tye-lore." Not only that a "telo," a word that apparently my name resembles, is a pay by the hour motel where you take prostitutes. So that's fun. I am, however, considering other names that would be more typical to the area. Guillermo of course is a front runner, my Spanish name from high school "Sr. Josue Guevarra Rodrigez de Castillo", but that's a little long; others include, Raul, Jesus, Blanco, y Pollo Loco. So I'm in a new hostel now, it's much smaller and more house-like. Plus me and my roommate from Colombia a really good friends after only one day. He tells me his name is "Jon" but I don't know if I can believe this. I think he knows that there is no way I could pronounce his name. We are about to go to the biggest farm show in South America, it's like a county fair I suppose, but it's for a whole country. Country Fair or something. Anyway, it's been going on for 115 years so they must be doing something right. I intend to takes pictures of all the freakish animals I am presented with. WOOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP. Inside joke. Don't worry about it. I am saddened to say that the "Veranito en el invierno" has gone. It has been Washington grey for the past three days or so. I am feeling rather lathargic because I haven't really had any real exercise outside of walking since I arrived. This is combined with the fact that I have been eating a steady diet of steak, eggs, and ham. I intend to go on a run tomorrow morning. Ok, well I need to go to the fair, study spanish, and generally do things with my life besides sit at the computer. Hasta la vista.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after