At times be a solo traveler is fairly difficult.Ya, you go to new places and meet some interesting characters, but you’re never in a fixed place and you never have a good friend to share things with.You build short very intimate relationships with other solo travelers out of necessity, but every 4 days or so you move on your own separate paths and you are once again alone.There’s something to be said to have common memories with someone: inside jokes, reminiscing, “Remember that time when.” But when traveling alone you don’t get that.When I was in Mendoza I built a pretty close knit community of friends like I said, out of necessity.Keith and I happened to be in the same hostel for the exact same time frame, we saw sights together, shared food, drank, but then inevitably after 4 days we parted and will likely never see each other again.That’s the nature of meeting people from all over the globe; it is very likely that you will never again cross paths.Oh well, sorry for getting deep but it’s something that often gets forgotten and pushed aside because you often just remember the good times and conveniently forget the gritty details.Rosy retrospection.Well now I’m in a new place and I need to meet some new people and start the process over again. P.S. I wrote this like 8 hours ago but couldn't post it, just to put your minds at ease I've already met a bunch of people again so I'll be good.
I for some random reason and wondered what the most googled terms were in the world. Here are the results: the data happens to be from 2006 bebo (some kind of social networking site) myspace world cup metacafe (some kind of youtube knock off) radioblog wikipedia video rebelde (don't know) mininova(a site to illegally download things) wiki In fact, the results are not at all interesting; however, please note the close runner up's, at 12th was "free porn", 15th was "North River County 8th Grade Science Fair," and 26th was ironically "Most Googled Terms." Way to go wikipedia holding down the 6th and 10th slot. So my classes may prove to be difficult. I have three large course packs that are a collection of photocopied texts in both English and Spanish. All in all there is about a 1,000 pages of text I need to read, with two pages photocopied per page. By Tuesday (Monday is a holiday), I have to read for my Contemporary International Relation...
Brazil's 7-1 semifinal loss to Germany on Tuesday will go down as the worst loss in Brazil's soccer history. Just take a look at the front pages of the national newspapers: "Massacre" "National Team suffers the worst loss in history" "The loss of losses'" "Humiliation at Home" But why is this the worst loss in history and what does it mean for Brazil? Prior to last Tuesday's game, the worst loss in Brazilian soccer history was the "Maracanazo" in 1950 (the game took place at Maracanã stadium in Rio). It was the World Cup Final and Brazil only needed a tie to win it all as it used to be a Round Robin format. Brazil went up early in the second half 1-0, but Uruguay came back to win 2-1 in front of speechless 215,000 fans (still the World Record). The loss was compounded by the fact that Maracanã had been built by Brazil for the 1950 World Cup and was a symbol of Brazil's modernity and emergenc...
Maybe I am cynical, but my experience in DF today has taught me that if someone comes up to you with a question, such as what time is it? Where are you from? Do you speak English (in English) or any combination of those three (basically Talk to Me!) they do not have good intentions and they are trying to scam you in some creative way. Today I felt like a d-bag because by the end of the day I simply would not talk to people that bothered me in the street. I know I am a gringo and white skin = stupid + money, but holy shit. Dejame tranquilo, sueltame en banda, no me molestes. Anyway, besides that, walking around DF for about 5 hours today was enjoyable. It was a Sunday so everyone was out strolling, eating ice cream, and generally being very cheerful. The hostel is definitley a party hostel and running like an well-oiled machine. At first I thought it was awesome that dinner is included in the price of the hostel as I have never seen that before, but now I understand it´s part of their b...
Comments