La Rural

So I went to the biggest Farm exhibition in South America two days ago, "La Rural", and to be honest it was just a bunch of cows, sheep, goats, chickens, farm equipment, and shit. I'll upload some pictures. The whole time I was looking at the cows I couldn't help but think "I EAT YOU." Also, it seems impossible that cows were at one point not domesticated. Can you imagine a wild herd of bovine gracefully galloping through a forest with the morning dew fresh on their fur? Maybe they look so pathetic because humans have selected for the traits in cattle that make them shorter and fatter so that they are more delicious and easier to catch. Anyway, me and the Colombian, turns out his name actually is John he showed me his passport, have been hanging out for the past three days and speaking exclusively in Spanish. He is a sound engineer/ music professor and when I played him an Everlast Song ("What it's like"), after three listens he could play the introduction on the guitar by ear. It was amazing to see. So he's cool. Also, an American girl has been hangout with us but she's more "meh". Also she's really freakishly tall, at least 6'0''. I guess she's cool but she seems kind of spoiled to me which I find repulsive. Today I finally got some exercise and went on a run, 8 minute abs, and some push ups so now I don't feel like such a lazy piece of shit. Tomorrow is orientation at La Universidad de San Andres and I will meet my room mates and all the other intercambios. Also, supposedly I get to move into my apartment tomorrow which means no more living out of a back pack! And I'll finally get to settle in once place instead of being perpetually on the move; which, although it is fun has it's downsides. Also, my Colombian friend is a part time DJ so he gave me all the South American cuts (A song. Synonym for "track". Derived from the old days when music was recorded on master tapes which had to be literally cut up in order to make the final music release. ). Alright, vacano, Che boludo, chao pendejos.

Comments

Unknown said…
hey taylor! now i am not surprised that your first thought upon seeing all those cows is "i eat you" and i do doubt they were ever truly wild.

anyway mom and dad left for the boat trip today and i am taking the victoria clipper to meet them on saturday( i have a regatta if you didn't know) but i am bringing my laptop so we can hopefully read your blogs[mom checks them as much as her email] and skype might work but i have not downloaded it yet. well hope you like your apartment and your roommates!
MZ said…
best line in your blog thus far:
"but not over-friendly in that weird evangelical Christian way"

good luck with that whole cooking arrangement. my money's on it falling apart in two weeks!
Unknown said…
i have to agree with michael... that has been the best line so far.

hope you like having a home!
and nice WOOP WOOP WOOP comment a few blogs ago

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after