Mendoza

Bueno, estoy en Mendoza. The trip was about 14 hours by bus but I just slept the whole time so it didn´t really matter. Mendoza is colder than B.A. and is situated within shooting distance of the snow capped Andes. The new hostel I am in seems much better culturally as the majority of people are actually speaking Spanish as opposed to the English/Irish party hostel I seemed to be at last time. I´m here for 4 nights, 5 days and I have absolutely no idea what to do. It was pretty fun coming from the bus station actually because I had no map and all I knew was that the hostel was approximately 10 blocks away and in the downtown region. So I trekked off from the bus station in the general direction of downtown with hopes I could find it. Well, 10 blocks is a very misleading distance, because some blocks are substantially longer than you´re standard block measurement. Getting onto the bus was a bit of a nightmare because I guess things are that strict with regards to time. For example, my bus was scheduled to leave B.A. at 20:20, so as the time ticked up to 20:20 I naturally felt pretty nervous that no bus had appeared. Then 20:30 came, then 20:40... Our bus arrived finally 20:50. Those thirty minutes aged me at least a month or two, because I am in the middle of a crowded bus station at night with my huge ass back pack and no reservations at any hostels. Meh, I´m going to go eat, just wanted to check in because it will be difficult for me to write because the electrical outlets in Mendoza are different than those in Buenos Aires and my converter doesn´t work here so no lap top. Later.

Comments

Unknown said…
hey taylor. nice blogs, now do you remember that hitchhikers guide quote or did you get it somewhere?
anyway, since you probably dont know this, we are reading your blogs everyday(me, mom, and dad) and it all seems really cool. well today was lakefair run so i am pretty tired, hope you find a towel

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after