Hair of the Dog

Against my better judgment I went out last night at 2:30 a.m. after having been awake since 6:30 am the day before. After a interesting game of Kings with three french girls and two Americans we went to a Hip Hop Club, whatever that means. The music was entirely American and the DJ's were probably the second best I've heard (first goes to the techno DJ's in Whistler). They mixed weird combinations of songs in pretty cool ways, we're talking Red Hot Chili Peppers with 50 Cent, ACDC with DMX... things of this nature. There were only 3 guys in our group and around 8 girls. I felt like the guys were the shepards and the girls were the sheep in this club because there were constantly prowling Argentinean wolves that tried to pick off sheep from the group. The three shepards had to keep the sheep together in a tight circle or else they'd get unwillingly scooped up by the wolves and it would take quite a bit of maneurvering by the shepards and sheep to get back them into the flock. Anyway, I got back around 5:30 am and I was spent. This morning though was the Argentina v. USA Olympic basketball semi-final so I picked my ass up at 11:30 to watch that. As you can imagine after just 6 hours of sleep I was pretty hung over from the one two punch of sleep deprivation and booze. Now our flat doesn't have cable so I left the apartment in search of a bar. Conveniently there is a pizza bar next door. I decided the best course of action at this point was to continue drinking so as to cure my ridiculous hang over, and to eat a pizza. This combination of grease and alcohol was magical and I was instantly cured of my woes. But more importantly the game. WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS AND CONTENT YOU MAY FIND OBJECTIONABLE. USA versus Argentina in the semi-finals of basketball. The USA used a basic fundamental strategy pionereed by the basketball lengend Chuck Norris. Kicking ass and taking names. But honestly how could they not with Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Steve Kerr, Shawn Kemp, Vin Baker, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrimf, and Downtown Aaron Brown. They smashed. I was talking to a few people in the bar and everytime there was some unbelievable play, alley-opp's, dunks, and 3 pointers by the USA, they would look at me with a look of, "we get it. We know we can't actually compete with you." It's kind of like when the USA plays Brasil in soccer. Every American knows Brasil is going to smash, but there is that glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, we won't look like complete retards. So I watched the game, drank a liter of Quilmes, and had a cheeze pizza. Good times. Tonight, though, promises to be exciting. Argentina v. Nigeria in the Olympic Finals in Soccer. Talk about two different styles of play, though. Argentineans are tricky and quick and Nigerians are big and fast so we'll see what happens. The game is at 1 a.m. down here so I'll have to go to a sports bar or something. Apparently I am moving apartments tomorrow. That one kind of snuck up on me. So I'll let you know how that goes. The final score of the USA game was 100 something to 80 something. It's good for USA to smash someone every once in a while so they know their place. Alright, later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after