Sin Titulo

Right, my roommates are great. We speak entirely in Spanish and very very occasionally if I don't know a super key word I'll ask Alix but other than that we Castellano ("Cast-e-jah-no"). Occasionally they will speak French to each other but that doesn't really hinder my learning Spanish. It's only bad when I hear English because then my brain switches from Spanish into English and I have to remember the switch back. It's not like I'm thinking in Spanish obviously but it affects my ability to speak it. Continuing on my quest to learn basic French while I am down here since I have two native speakers living with me and I can ask them any question, I went to the book store and purchased a begining French book written in Spanish. That may have been overambitous but I'll give it a shot. My Spanish is worst in the morning when I just wake up because I'm thinking in English and it's hard for my brain to function when I'm tired.
On Friday I began the exciting process that is acquiring a Visa by waking up at 5:30 a.m., getting packed on a bus at 7 a.m., and then going to some random government building for 3 hours. I'd rather not talk about it, but I will say that I was finger printed by the Argentinean government so my dream of becoming an international super secret spy is over.
I just realized that I completely missed the Tour de France this year. Shit. Also, I feel like I had more insightful things to say but now I've forgotten them.
Classes for San Andres begin tomorrow. The system down here is pretty cool; first, I get to select the classes I am interested in, (maybe 5), and I go to them this week. At the end of this week I decide which classes I like the most and I only pick those ones (3). If you couldn't understand my complicated explanation, then hopefully this sports analogy will serve you. It's like class try-outs and you're the coach. Also, we've found another prospective apartment. I would attach the link but it was made clear to me that you never know who's reading after those folks from Es-P-Ron-Toe, attacked me for making fun of their made-up language. If I type it in correctly they'll find me because they do blog searches for that word. I know because I searched it and found that anyone who had it in their blog had a comment from those same people. They're like the online guardians of a fake language. Anyway, it's in a really nice neighborhood, the pictures inside seem great, and it's the same price as the one we have now. Also, I found a Electronic keyboard on Craigs List down here for 800 pesos. I don't know anything about keyboards but it seems good, minus the fact it needs a new internal display and internal battery. Dad, I don't know who much you know about keyboards but if you could take a look I would be appreciative (http://buenosaires.es.craigslist.org/msg/749797173.html). Now for my list of things I wish I had. If you could find it in your hear to send them to me I would be very thankful, because remember that pair of pants I wore for 17 straight days, now it's 24 days. You know what that means, in 5 days it will be 29 days, and noone wants to wear the same pair of jeans for 29 days. That's like everyday in February when there is a leap year. Ok, here it is:
I) 2 pairs of jeans (Julianne you know the ones, also I met someone Friday named Julianne)
II) My running shoes, basketball shoes, and turf shoes
III) My blue-reversable basketball shorts
IV) 2 pairs of soccer socks
V) Blue-ish QuickSilver Soccer jacket Pete and Mike gave me
VI) White England Jersey, Grey Washington Soccer T-shirt, Grey Webley Soccer Academy Shirt, Red/Black Shelton Basketball Jersey.
VII) 1 vial Troll's Blood
VIII) Grey Washington Sweatshirt
IX) You will be sent information regarding this item but it is too secretive to be sent over the web
Ok well that's it. I'll be in school tomorrow, other than that, this applies to anyone reading, even the weird language police, I need some cheap/easy meal ideas for Argentina. Meat/Fruit/Vegitables are extraordinarily cheap here. It's difficult to find food from the US though, for example, there are no tortillas so enchaladas are out. Just comment them to this blog or something. What's that meal with the green bell peppers? Spaghetti sauce recipe? Chicken parmasean? Wow, I'm really needy in this blog. Yikes. Later.

Comments

MZ said…
Whoa, Taylor, you don't think you're going to get killed wearing that England soccer jersey around? The Falklands War from 26 years ago man -- bad memories. Haha, JK I'm sure the good people of Argentina are much more open-minded than I.
taylor said…
hmmm... I hadn't considered this. I can just wear it to soccer practice and keep it hidden I guess.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after