My name is Ron Burgundy?

I just finished up doing a group project with another exchange student, the cool thing was we did the entire thing over Skype. "I have a dream, that one day, little white boys and little black girls, will be able to collaboratively do projects over the internet by streaming live desktop feeds with audio/visual support while never leaving the comfort of their living rooms. I have a dream today." But seriously, that is the future. My roommates got back from Iguazu Falls today and they recommended that when we go we should find a rogue taxi driver to take us to the Brasilian side of the waterfalls without doing customs or getting a visa because the view is simply too spectacular. But, while the view may be amazing, I don't want to get thrown into a Brasilian jail, so we'll have to think about the pro's and con's on that one.
This is a pretty busy week for me, I have basketball practice Tuesday-Friday, soccer Wednesday & Friday, school Tuesday-Thursday, and drinking Thrusday-Saturday.
I was recently informed that the friendly frat-cat named Duece Charles who lived at Theta Chi for less than a year has vanished, but is anybody really suprised?
I don't have any newsworthy new news. I spent most of this weekend downloading movies in Spanish and watching them with the febble hope of improving my Spanish. I read about 400 pages of my course pack (Spanish and English), yet I am still only half way done. Shit, I guess I'll just make some random nonsensical list to fill the space. You probably shouldn't read it.
1) The elevator to our flat is old and rickety and every time I am in it I contemplate my unfortunate demise that would result if the elevator were to suddenly plummit downwards. Luckily we are on the top floor which would give me time to put my head between my legs and kiss my ass good-bye.
2) Have you ever boiled carrots, mashed them up, and added sugar? It's delicious.
3) To have all of my laundry washed, dryed, and folded costs $3.
4) McDonalds is more of a luxury down here because it appears the prices are absolute and aren't relative to the country
5) On every train or subway ride you are on, there will be somebody either selling something or begging. I've seen so many supposed blind people panhandling the trains I find it statistically improbable that they are all blind. Testing this hypothesis may prove difficult.
6) Germany was largely responsible for the start of the First and Second World Wars.
7) My French roommate recieved a 5 peso counter-feited bill. To put that in perspective, 5 pesos is equal to $1.66, what's the point? Seriously, what is your gross margin on that one, for a criminal you are turning a very modest return. I'd recommend counterfeiting 20 or possibly 50 peso notes. Think about it.
Alright, I have to wake up in six hours to go to school so later.

Comments

Unknown said…
pros:
a terrific view
a terrific story of being smuggled into brasil
pride

cons:
brasilian jail
death

hmmm, it's a tough choice
MZ said…
TSloane, why WOULDN'T you counterfeit smaller bills?

First of all, they're simpler (none of that bothersome intricate security that all governments put in their high currency bills to deal with), they're plentier (thus making counterfeit bills harder to trace), and they have smaller psychological value (you're not going to be too upset - you may even be slightly amused - if you find yourself with a counterfeit $1, but you're going to take issue if someone gives you a fake $20 in change. Who knows, maybe the government will even investigate if the racket is big enough).
taylor said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
taylor said…
The only thing with counterfeiting the five's is that it wouldn't be that much harder to counterfeit 10's, for example, and you would instantly double your profits. The five's down here have a water mark, so if you're going to go through the trouble of counterfeiting a water mark, might as well go for the bigger fish. But I agree that 20's, 50's, and 100's are under a lot more scrutiny and harder to counterfeit. There was a huge scandal here because one of the banks had ATM's issuing fake 100's. That's fucked. I do wonder how they get the fake bills out through distribution channels though. That must be pretty hard to just unload a bunch of counterfeit bills into the market. Later

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after