Umbrellas and Things

First off, people with umbrellas are very, very reckless when they walk. They have no concern for your safety or dryness. Those little pokers on the tips of umbrellas could easily blind someone and if a umbrella merely brushes against you, you are instantly wet and offended. This has bugged me for a long time and it feels better to get if off my chest. You could take the sweetest old lady in the world, but as soon as you equip her with an umbrella she become public enemy number 4 just after texters, sway walkers, and rolly-backpackers. Also, Umbrella is a terrible terrible song.
Just finished up soccer practice and I am about to go to my last basketball practice because I´ve decided soccer is better. The rest of my team, including the coach, is going to McDonalds for a healthy snack I guess. As I said before the culture surrounding McDonalds is totally diferent here, it´s more of a chic place to go with your friends as opposed to a place to sastify your addiction, obesity, and diabetes as it is in the US. My comprehension of teachers, television, the radio, and official things is improving greatly and I can understand almost all of it, but I am still struggling with talking to guys around my age because they talk so fucking fast and don´t pronounce their words clearly. The Colombians I have met and a Puerto Rican told me that when they first came to Argentina they had trouble understanding them too, which more or less means I´m screwed. If a spanish speaker has trouble understanding them what the hell is a gringo like me going to do. Anyway, I gotta go to basketball, really I just wanted to say the thing about the umbrellas before I forgot. Later.

Comments

Unknown said…
mom is wondering if you still want your basketball shoes? and what color are they if you do?

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after