Life

I am still to terrified to attempt using the bidet that is looming in our bathroom. I'll probably never use it. I've come to realize that some of my blogging is random, off-topic, and at times weird; I do not apologize for this, but realize that it is my only English outlet. La moneda is still an issue, in fact, I have to plan my entire day around how to get more moneda (change) for the subsequent day so that I can take the bus (moneda only) in the morning. I must start the day with 1 peso. I use this peso on the bus and get 10 centavos change, I then pay for the train using exactly a two peso note plus the 10 centavos so that I get 1 peso change from the 1.10 peso fare. When I return home I repeat the process, reverse order, so that at all times I have a peso (sometimes two), so that I can return home. I also must remember to buy a bagette each day so that I have bread for breakfast and a sandwhich. If you haven't seen this video, while we're on the subject of bagette's, I suggest you do. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo&feature=related) it's Flight of the Conchords. I showed my french roommates and they love it. If you don't get it, watch it again. If you still don't get it, you're a retard. We found the perfect apartment today and I hope we can get it. If I was a weak wristed puddle jumper who was good with colors I would use the word 'fabulous' to describe it, but I'm not. It's an apartment for 4 people and the whole thing is enclosed on itself. You enter and are surrounded by a U-shaped set-up with everything opened up. From the front door you can see the two stories because there are openings from each room. Thus, from each room you can see every other room, unless you close your curtain. Additional perks include the fact that it has a fire pole and a pool. The pool is normally covered up in the main entrance by wood planks when you walk in but they can be removed uncovering a pool that is about 4 feet wide, 10 feet long, and 3.5 feet deep. No heat sadly. Wait, a FIRE POLE. YES! Fire poles are a convienent, fast, and safe form of descension and they should be used more often. The apartment is the most exotic thing I have ever seen and I hope that we can live there. The owner must decide between us and another group; however, from a business perspective the other group makes more sense because they are there twice as long as us. Maybe we'll get lucky. I wish I had pictures of this place, I have never seen anything even close to this design. It costs about $475 ($75 more per month) but the apartment is vastly superior and it is in a better neighborhood. School went better today, I learned today that the Marketing teacher that gave me so much trouble yesterday is renound by Argentineans for how fast he talks so its not just me. I will definetely take a Business Case class, and I will likely take Marketing and Operations Managment classes. I haven't watched t.v. for more than 5 minutes in about a month. Also another first, I watched an movie originally in English that was dubbed into French with subtitles in English. So I had to read subtitles to understand even though the actors were speaking English. The movie kind of sucked too because it had Woody Allen and the French guy who dubbed it couldn't do the paranoid stressed out Jewish voice that Woody Allen does best. I'll leave you with some food for thought, if you are to construct a 7 letter word starting with just one letter that is a recognized English word, and adding one letter at a time so that at all times it is a recognized English word, what word do you chose? CLUE: you're going to have to start with A or I. So for example, I to IT to SIT to SITE to SITED but then nothing else. So what works? There are at least 3 answers that I know of. Well, I better go to bed again because I have to wake up at 6:30 a.m. all over again.

Comments

MZ said…
Holy crap, a fire pole? You could get a good workout just climbing that thing a few times a day.

My grandpa has an automatic bidet installed on his toilet back in China. I can't say much about the manual ones, but the one back home is pretty good!

I read that the best blogs are those that make acute observations about the world from the blogger's perspective. Using that criterion, I'd say that your worries about your blogs being off-topic or whatever are ungrounded. This is one of the best and most entertaining amateur blog as I've ever seen. I'm shocked that you've been able to keep it up so long, and my only hope is that you can continue to do so.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after