School Actually Starting

School "actually" starts tomorrow meaning homework, classes, participation, learning, knowledge, all the usual same old bull shit. Like I said, last week was just to pick the classes you wanted (although not really because they wouldn't let me into Operations Management), and now I have to do things. In fact, I have homework right now that I am avoiding. Just some reading, don't worry about it, I'm not. I'm sitting at about 20 hours of class a week. I could be at 13 or so but I decided to take a history of the 20th century course to expand my mind. No offense Mr. Joling but I don't think we covered everything in IB H20. Weekend, weekend, weekend... it was good. Yes, i'd say good perfectly encapsulates my weekend. It wasn't great, but then again, it wasn't bad. Good is exactly the word I need. Friday I went to soccer and basketball practice, (smashed at basketball again), and then went to a party at one of the apartments of the exchange students. Fun turn of events, the apartment we wanted went to another group of San Andres exchange students and they are having a party there next week. I'll go just to fully appreciate what I'm missing. Today I woke up at around 12 p.m., had a huge parrilla for brunch (including morcilla or "blood sasuage" I suggest you inquire immediately from your local butcher), and then went to a Flea market on Defensa street. Remind me to take you guys to this. In other news, I really desperately need to do laundry. I've done laundry once this trip, which if you recall my list of things I brought with me on this trip, is about one fourth of the times I should have done it. Fam, I know your back from your trip so could we see about that second pair of pants, I've closed in on 30+ days. That's pretty bad even for me. We visited an apartment in Belgrano Friday and it seems much better that what we have now and it's the same price. If all goes well, tomorrow we will make a reserva of $300 to make sure we get it so we don't have another Alfreddo incident.
We bought a jugador or a juicer and it is way too convenient/cheap to make fresh squeezed orange juice. Oranges cost about 2 pesos/kg aka $.67/kg, aka $.30/lb. Apparently Brasil is a citrus power house and Argentina can get dirt cheap oranges, anyhow it makes the morning a little bit brighter. Also, our plan to have someone cook for the other people each week is off to a good start. We changed our original plans of each person cooks one time/week, to one person cooks each Sunday. I cooked last Sunday and steak soft tacos with rice, beans, and home made salsa. I really brought the heat, so this Sunday Alix, my friendly French girl roommate, responded with a creamy rice chicken and olive dish that I've never tasted before. I'm definately going to remember it for future cooking.
What else is intersting? Still haven't been mugged, scarred, disfigured, raped, or murdered so that's a little curious. *knock on wood*. Maybe when I go to Peru or Bolivia I can look into this. "That's all I have to say about that."

Comments

Unknown said…
it just so happens that we are not back from the trip yet... mom and dad are gone until thursday or so and i am at a friends house today and will be home home on tuesday.

Popular posts from this blog

First Week of Classes

Spanish Bull Fighting

The week after